WHAT IS YOUTH FELLOWSHIP?
The goal of The Mar Thoma Youth Fellowship is to equip youths to grow in Jesus Christ and to engage them in the mission of the church through the four foundations: Witness, Worship, Study, and Service.
- Help the youth of the Mar Thoma Church accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Help youth grow into the maturity and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Equip youth for Christian fellowship and worship life.
- Equip youth to participate in the mission of the church.
- Organize seminars, classes, workshops, conferences, etc… to create in youth interest in Bible studies, faith and practices of the Church, history of the Church, and ecumenical relationships
(source: Silicon Valley YF, 2020)
WHAT TYPE OF EVENTS DO WE HAVE?
Ablaze – A worship event that involves praise and worship, sermon, and prayer that typically happens at church
Men’s/ Women’s Bible Studies – A Bible study that is separated by men and women so that topics can be discussed separately to allow specific discussion and further fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Socials – An event to build fellowship and promote fun interaction between members (anything from painting, games, or movies)
Service Events – These events are for the youth fellowship to serve those in need in our Church and surrounding communities.